|Psychedelic "Technologies" & Biological Enhancements|
|ADOPTER(S)||criticalartware (jake_elliott :: racter AT gmail.com ++ jonCates: joncates AT criticalartware.net)|
this session will focus on discussion of psychedelics as software and software as psychedelic. specifically: software as a [re]programmable aesthetic [object|instruction set], and psychedelics as employed by activists and artists (and artivists and actists) in the 1960s+1970s both as metaphoric of the possibilities of social change and as actual agents in the massive self-executed reprogramming of consciousness to self-determined ends.
criticalartware will bring along video footage of + by terrence mckenna, tim leary, phil morton and others who addressed the relationship between psychedelics and software. this video can serve as a functional backdrop for the discussion of future tangling of these terminologies.
- reprogrammable reality :: surrealism + simulation + LSD = powerpill
- social software + viral language :: tune in, turn on, drop out, boot up, ./configure, make LOVE
- practical demonstration :: there will be a practical demonstration of pyschedelic Free Software, featuring a streaming camera and LiVES. Audience participation is encouraged !
- PsychedelicTechnologies -- criticalartware-compiled textual resources re: psychedelic tech.
- timewave zero -- timewave zero by terrence mckenna + collaborators
- CEREBREX -- psychotronic software
- Ethical aspects of ICT Implants in the Human Body -- Some statements by the European Group on Ethics
- Elektro-Psycho-Doping oder Gliedmaßen à la Terminator